Classic massage (western massage) is a dynamic therapy of long strokes, friction and compression, designed to invigorate the body by stimulating the flow of blood to the heart.
The benefits of massage include: integral relaxation, removed waste products from the tissues, improved circulation, pain and tension relief, nourished muscles, rehabilitation and overall health maintenance and well-being.
Dry cupping therapy
Cupping therapy has been practiced across many cultures all over the world.
Cupping involves the creation of negative pressure in a cup or suitable hollow vessel. People get it for many purposes, including to help with pain, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage.
Contraindications of massage
A contraindication is a situation when massage should not be performed. Continuing with treatment may be more detrimental than beneficial and in some cases may cause serious medical problems.
- Inflammation: Inflamed conditions include anything that ends in -itis, such as: phlebitis (inflammation of a vein), dermatitis (inflammation of the skin), arthritis (inflammation of the joints), and so on. In the case of localized problems, you can still receive massage, however, avoiding the area inflammation itself.
- Thrombosis, Atherosclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis and gout (when active)
- Bleeding disorders such as heamophillia
- Neurological diseases (consult your doctor first)
- Open sores, wounds, broken bones, recent surgery, muscle ruptures (acute)
- Cancer (undergoing treatment)
- Fever (common cold, sore throat)
- Intoxication, hungover
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US!